In using this app, you get to choose which apps you will add a "link" that looks like a cute app that leads to your original app
But here's the thing, CocoPPa is a little confusing for IPhone users...
And that's why I'm here!
The first thing you'll want to do is go to your app store and search "CocoPPa" or click this link: CocoPPa app
It's free. Download it.
Next, create an account by clicking "Sign up now" (I did this a few months ago and never got emails or spams from them, so it's safe I promise.)
Now, don't be weirded out. This app is made from Japan so it looks a little weird, but just follow my steps and your apps will look amazing in no time!
Here we goooooooo...
When you open the app, the first thing you'll want to do is look for the apps you want. You can do this by "browsing" or simply looking through the "Popular Icons" section. In this section, it shows the apps that people download most - aka apps that you will likely want to download. (i.e. Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Snapchat, Safari, mail, messages)
Once you choose the app you want:
- Click on it then press "set up link."
- This will prompt you to choose the type of link you would like to assign to the icon
- For most apps, click "app search"
- Find your app
- Press "ok."
- It will prompt you to "go to Safari and add the icon to your Homescreen"
- Press "ok"
- Wait for safari to show up
- Press the "share" button (as prompted).
- Click the middle icon that looks like the new app
- Your settings will show up and it will ask what name you want to appear on your homescreen - change the name to what you want it to show up as
- Press "add to home screen"
There you go! You have successfully added your first pretty app!
Here's where it gets tricky.
Sure it was easy finding Instagram in the "app search," but what about when the app you want is not in the app search?
In CocoPPa, there are a few different ways to set apps up ("link types").
- App Search
- Phone call (designed specifically for calling one phone number)
Apps such as
- Facebook Messenger
- Temple Run (1 and 2)
- Google Maps
- Google Search
These are the easy ones.
Now, Apps such as
- App Store
must be found under "URL"
With "URL,", you'll need an url specific to the app
- Pinterest - Pinterest:
- Photos - Photos-redirect://
- Messages - SMS:
- Music - Music:
- Maps - Maps:
- Videos - Videos:
- Mail - Mailto:
- Safari - http://www.google.com
- ITunes - http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?i=156093464&id=156093462&s=143441
- App Store - http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=294409923&mt=8
Basically most apps you have (that cannot be found under "app search") can be added under the "url" link type using ":" or "://" after the name. (It's at least worth a shot!)
Let me stress this point:
These "links" (pretty apps) are basically bookmarks to the real app.
So whatever you do, don't delete the original app.
I moved my original apps to a folder on a different page of my phone to hide them.
Also, since these are bookmarks to the original app, there won't be a red number notification on the link app.
If you have friends that use cocoPPa also, you can find them and see what apps they are using:
- Go to settings
- Scroll down to "find friends"
- Click "search user name"
CocoPPa is compatible with
- iPhone (3GS, 4, 4S, 5) (optimized for iPhone 5)
- iPod touch (3rd, 4th, 5th generations)
Languages include English, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean.